With so many Guinea pig names to choose from, which one will you pick?
From their mischievous personalities and good looks, to their kaleidoscope of colours – finding the name that matches your piggy perfectly is no easy task!
Check out our list of girl, boy, famous and not so famous Guinea pig names for your perfect match.
Girl guinea pig names
Looking for a name that matches the rumble and tumble of your boy guinea pig? Then check these out:
Boy Guinea pig names
|Captain Jack Sparrow||Caramel||Charlie/Charlie Brown|
|Mr Jingles||Mr Scrimbles||Mr Snuffles|
Do your Guinea pigs’ show film star tendencies? Posing for the camera and generally looking gorgeous? Then maybe your Guinea pigs’ need a bit more ‘Hollywood!!!’
Movie and TV star names for Guinea pigs
- Betty and Wilma – the modern stone age wives of Fred and Barney in the Flintstones
- Cagney and Lacey – the feisty female detectives from the 1980’s hit show
- Cher and Dionne – who could ever forget the two trendy best friends from Clueless?
- Mary Kate and Ashley – these sisters shot to fame as the Olsen twins, starring in film and TV during the 1990’s.
- Monica and Rachel – the best friends we all love to love
- Thelma and Louise – and even better best friends from the female buddy road movie
- Tia and Tamera
- Velma and Roxy from Chicago. Who could forget the vampy duo of Catherine Zeta-Jones and Renee Zellweger?
If you’ve got boy Guinea pigs, here are a few famous names for you:
- Dolce and Gabbana – if your Guinea pigs’ have real style, then maybe D&G are the names for them!
- Homer and Bart – the famous father and son Simpsons combo
- Batman and Robin – we all need a superhero in our lives. So why not these two?
- Bert and Ernie – we all love Sesame street
- Bugs and Daffy – which was your favourite from this famous duo?
- Elvis and Presley – why have two famous movie stars when you can have one super famous rock star?
- Tom and Jerry – they were best friends really
- Beavis and Butthead
- Woody and Buzz – your piggy’s love to explore, just as much as these two did
- Kirk and Spock – a name that’s not so many light years away
- Hans Solo and Chewbacca – every one’s favourite Star Wars duo.
Funny Guinea pig names
Looking for a piggy name that raises a chuckle? Then check these out:
|Cookie crumbles||Cotton candy||Cuddle bunny|
|M&M||Miss Piggy||Miss Tiggywinkle|
|Stud muffin||The Hulk||Tiggle my piggle|
Guinea pig names from the ExoticDirect family
Who better to provide you with a list of names than a company that provides insurance for a whole host of Guinea pigs! Here are just a few of the great names our lovely Guinea pig owners have given their pets.
|Neville and Margaret||Freddie and Hiccup||Ronnie and Reggie|
|Dennis and Jeremy||Miss Honey and Tinks||Ginger|
|Tamzin and Taliyah||Tonks and Teddy||Blue and River|
|Slash and Axl||Rainbow and Lavender||Suzi and Effy|
|Trixie||Rolo and Ginger||Lily and Albus|
|Dexter||Freddie and Jonathan||Poppy and Edward|
|Jasper||Bert||Fudge and Cream|
|Chewie and Bobby||Pimpolho||Ozzy and Lemmy|
|Kirk||Ben and Patch||Pepsi and Pixie|
|Oreo and Galaxy|
If none of these are right for your piggy, then try looking at Guinea pig groups on Facebook. Members are usually very happy to help with ideas, and you’ll see lots of piggy pics and meet their owners.
Happy name hunting!
Is your Guinea pig insured? Get a quote for £2,000 of vet fee cover | Insure up to 3 pets per policy | We’ve been insuring exotic pets since 1996 | Check out our customer reviews on Feefo